Heather Weber lists the Food items that are rich in probiotic bacteria
The probiotic organisms form a very important part of a diet as these little organisms make way for a healthy body. Not consuming enough probiotics can in a big way harm your immune and digestive system. And, as a result you may suffer from cold, flu and other seasonal infections too.
Fitness experts like Heather Weber Merrill Lynch , suggest that along with proper exercising it is very important to consume a probiotic rich diet if you want to stay fit and lean.The good effects of consuming a probiotic rich diet are as follows:
- It boosts the immune system
- It improves digestion
- It enhances the secretion of Vitamin B12 which makes an individual more energetic
- It removes bacteria like the candida which avoids issues of bad breath
- It improves the skin by preventing the growth of disease causing microbes on the skin.
- It also helps in avoiding seasonal infections like cough and cold.
- It facilitates good bowel movement, thus lessening constipation or loose motion.
- It facilitates weight loss by enhancing digestion.
So now that you know the importance of consuming food rich in probiotics, here is a list of food items that can be consumed for a probiotic rich diet.
- Yogurt and Kefir: Both these products are made from milk after fermentation. As such, they have sumptuous amounts of the good bacteria which you can consume regularly.
- Fermented and cultured vegetables: Having kimchi salad along with your meal can give you a sumptuous does of the probiotics. Another form of the fermented veggies known as sauerkraut, which is popular in parts of Germany can also be had to fulfil the body’s need for probiotics.
- Pickles: Pickles that are brined in oil and sea salt can also be consumed for a dose of the probiotics. However, pickles brined in vinegar do not really offer the benefits of consuming probiotics as the vinegar does not let the bacteria grow.
So, now that you know the importance of consuming probiotic rich diet, you must also be curious about the strains of bacteria that are good for us. Bacteria, both good and bad co-exist in our digestive tract. It is just their concentration that results in good or bad health. The good bacteria ideally act as controllers of the harmful ones. Two strains of bacteria namely, the Lactobacilli and the Bifidobacteria are ideally known to be the good ones. These strains not only control but also destroy the disease causing bacteria.
If you are not able to consume food that is rich in probiotics, you can always incorporate certain health drinks and medications that give you the required dosage of the good bacteria. However, fitness experts like Heather Weber Merrill Lynch opine that when consuming such foods in the form of readymade supplements, people should carefully read the label to understand the form in which the bacteria is present. The bacteria in such food supplements is either freeze dried or present in living form and both these kinds have specific storage requirements.
So, if you have to live a healthy and balanced life, follow suggestions of fitness experts and make the required changes in your food habits.