A brief guideline to set up smartphone repair business
Its boom time for smartphone sales and the fruits of labor are also being enjoyed by those who are in the smartphone repair business. There is enough encouragement for those who had been contemplating to start up but did not know which kind of business would be safe to try out. The business promises hefty profits with the least investment.
$4 billion was the size of the smartphone repairing industry that has experienced annual growth of 3 % between the period 2011 and 2016. There is no need to have any technical qualifications or background to try out your hand at it. Understanding how the business happens and some experience would help to take the first step in joining the band wagon of entrepreneurs who have gained from it. The future also looks very bright as almost 5 percent growth in revenue take-in is almost assured to the smartphone repair industry. What you need to start the business has been discussed in this article.
Investment guidelines to start up
- Since there is no need to have a business space to set up shop, the major investment is thus knocked off. The business can be started in a basement too.
- Having done away with space requirement, you need to have spare parts for repairing damaged phones and tools to get the work done.
- Spare parts can be procured from local suppliers or can be bought from e commerce platforms like eBay and Amazon. Most spare parts are readily available and having a few in stock would do.
- The tools that are required for smartphone repair business are specialized but inexpensive. Spending just $100 could help you to get the standard tool set required for most repairs. Getting the set of some sophisticated tools would entail spending between $200 and $400 and these are available online.
- Even if you do not have any prior experience in repairing smartphones, if you want to do it on your own you can get trained by availing several training courses that are available in-class as well as online. Free training resources are also available on YouTube that can save the cost of getting trained.
Establishing your identity and building brand
Publicizing the business is a necessity that you have to handle on your own to keep costs under control. In addition, measures have to be taken to build trust and confidence among customers that could ultimately contribute to steady the business. A lot depends on proper advertising to support marketing that has to be done on your own. The easiest way is to get enlisted on local trade directories and make use of free advertising opportunities provided on websites that offer free classified advertising. If you are willing to spend more, you can expand the marketing initiatives by distributing fliers and taking recourse to other paid advertising methods like pay per click advertising.
Billions of dollars are spent on cell phone repairs and you can surely get a share of the pie with minimum risks that no other business can assure.